Downtown road closures planned for National Socialist Movement rally April 18Written by Staff Reports | | email@example.com
The following Downtown roads will be closed starting 10 a.m. April 18 for safety in preparation for a planned National Socialist Movement rally later that afternoon:
- Erie Street from Madison to Constitution/Orange
- Huron Street from Madison to Orange
- Jackson Street from Michigan to Superior
- Adams Street from Michigan to Superior
- Superior Street from Adams to Orange
- Michigan/Spielbusch from Adams to Constitution
- Constitution/Orange from Spielbusch to Superior
- Beech Street
All vehicles parked on any of these closed roadways must be removed by 9 a.m. April 18 or they will be towed.
The rally is scheduled to be held on the steps of One Government Center at 3:30 p.m. April 18, lasting for no longer than two hours.
Citizens wishing to attend the rally will be allowed to enter a separate, secured public viewing area through a gate located at Superior and Jackson streets beginning at 2:30 p.m., according to a news release from Toledo Police Department. Everyone entering will be screened with a magnetometer. No purses, backpacks or signs with sticks will be allowed in the secured area. Hand-held signs will be permitted.
Citizens needing nonemergency police services between 9 a.m. and 6 p.m. April 18 should go to the Scott Park District Station, 2301 Nebraska Ave.