The Retirement Guys: What are you most thankful for?Written by Nolan Baker Mark Clair | | firstname.lastname@example.org
I (Mark) can recall a couple of Thanksgiving family gatherings at which each member had a chance to say what they were thankful for.
It can seem kind of awkward to be put on the spot to talk about such personal thoughts in front of a group. Especially if there are guests (perhaps the daughter’s boyfriend that you are not impressed with) that you don’t want to share anything emotional. Yet, it might be the patriarch or matriarch of the family who says you are going to do this exercise, so you may not want to let them down or look stupid and may really not have a choice.
When we get beyond the corny awkwardness of that question, and really start thinking about it, we all have a lot to be thankful for. I am thankful for the nice easy chair that reclines that I get to sit in each evening after a busy day. My feet have to be up to achieve optimum comfort. My dad used to refer to this as his “toes pointed heavenward.”
I am also thankful just to be here. To be anywhere. As some say after someone greets them with, “Nice to see you,” “It’s nice to be seen.” It’s a good thing to wake up each morning to another day when you realize that no one knows what tomorrow might bring — good or bad.
Do you sometimes feel like life is passing you by? Once you realize life is short, you can focus on what is important. We here at The Retirement Guys have the goal and philosophy of not only helping our clients plan for the future, but also to have fun and enjoy life now. We use an approach called The Retirement Game Plan (you can find a summary at www.retirementguysnetwork.com).
Here are five things The Retirement Guys are thankful for:
- Our faith in God that gives us hope for what happens when we are done here on Earth.
- Loving, taking care of and enjoying time with our family members.
- Our work. The Retirement Guys value each of you as clients, listeners of our radio show on 1370 WSPD (Saturdays at 1 p.m.) and readers of Toledo Free Press.
- This great country that gives us the freedom to live the way we choose.
- Our troops who continue to sacrifice to allow us to live the lives we are living.
- There are many more to list, but we are out of space. Give us a call if we can help. When you think retirement, think The Retirement Guys.
For more information, tune in every Saturday at 1 p.m. on 1370 WSPD or visit www.retirementguysradio.com. Securities and Investment Advisory Services are offered through NEXT Financial Group Inc., Member FINRA / SIPC. NEXT Financial Group, Inc. does not provide tax or legal advice. The Retirement Guys are not an affiliate of NEXT Financial Group. The office is at 1700 Woodlands Drive, Suite 100, Maumee, OH 43537. 419-842-0550