32.4 F
Toledo
Thursday, April 25, 2024

St. Hedwig weathering roof damage, rumors of demolition

Good has arisen from growing rumors that historic St. Hedwig Catholic Church would be demolished, after initial concern when its roof lost some shingles. Not only has...

Crowdsourced fundraiser Tribute to benefit nonprofits

“The best gift you can give someone is often something in honor of someone else. It’s a way to tribute who they are as...

Maumee cat show offers purr-fect feline fix

Last year, because snow covered a third of the parking spaces, people wanting to attend the My Stormy Valentine Cat Show had to turn...

Retirement Guys: Your dog loves you

Let me (Mark) tell you about my dog, Max. . About 11 years ago, a friend of ours had gotten this cute white puffball of a...

Good Samaritans lauded for stopping to help mayor

Evelyn Johnson was headed to work at Rally’s and Andra Crisp was on his way to Walmart to restock his mom’s shelves before the...

Mayor’s rescuers inspire CPR training Save the Beat

As Toledoans and people across the state pray for Mayor D. Michael Collins’ recovery after his recent cardiac arrest, one local man jumped into...

Opponents of NEXUS pipeline building support

Opponents of a planned natural gas pipeline through northwest Ohio are getting their legal ducks in a row and picking up support among neighbors and local...

City puts Erie Street Market up for sale

With a financial track record as varied as its checkered history, the Erie Street Market has been put on the market by the City...

Area restaurants, residents deliver meals to firefighters

Last year, in the wake of the deaths of Toledo firefighters Pvt. Stephen Machcinski and Pvt. James Dickman, a group called Feed Our Toledo...

Communities mourn loss of firefighters year later

One year ago Jan. 26, two Toledo firefighters lost their lives in the line of duty. They may be gone, but they are not forgotten....

FOLLOW US

6,978FansLike
1,921FollowersFollow
8,673FollowersFollow
94SubscribersSubscribe

WEATHER

Toledo
clear sky
32.4 ° F
32.4 °
32.4 °
59 %