Baumhower: Giving thanksWritten by Jeremy Baumhower | | firstname.lastname@example.org
It’s that time of year for Toledoans to reflect and give thanks for the special things that happened in 2011. Here is a list of some of the things Toledoans should be thankful for. Toledo: Chrysler’s expansion of Jeep.
- Mayor Bell: That the Chinese investors who want to turn Toledo into a tourist attraction have not visited during the winter.
- Toledoans: That Bob Seger remembered where Toledo was … twice.
- Tony Packo Jr. and III and Robin Horvath: For the amount of quality time they spent together this year.
- Toledo: For the Toledo Mud Hens’ Joe Napoli and the excellent work he does every day that makes our lives better. His demand for constant quality and understanding of Toledo families give us temporary escape at a reasonable price.
- Former Mayor Jack Ford: For his health and nightly puppet shows.
- Occupy Toledo: For each other
- Michigan Wolverines fans: For tattoo parlors.
- TPD homicide detectives and TFD arson investigators: For overtime.
- Toledo’s wives: For the fire that gutted Platinum Showgirls in August.
- Toledo’s husbands: The arrival of Yuengling Beer and the lack of fire at Deja Vu and Scarlett’s.
- Toledo film fans: That Katie Holmes’ new movie “Jack and Jill” is only 91 minutes long.
- Women’s NCAA Tournament: For not inviting the UT Lady Rockets.
- Rocket football fans: For Mark Beier’s play by play on 1370 WSPD. He is the “Voice of the Rockets” for a reason and UT is lucky to have him.
- Detroit Tigers fans: For baseball in October and Cy Young Winner Justin Verlander.
- Local Teachers, TPD and TFD: The Defeat of Issue 2.
- Toledo Free Press: That The Blade takes time to read our paper.
- Andrew Z : For lawyers, second chances and take out.
- Ben Konop: For movers.
- WSPD’s Brian Wilson: For ISDN (technology that allows you to broadcast from abroad)
- 13ABC: For Oprah’s retirement.
- My Mom: For the neighbor who vacated his house but was kind enough to leave his three cars.
- Eastsiders: For Pajama Jeans and Sudafed.
- Toledoans can also be thankful for the complete lack of national attention this year due to scandal. 2011 is almost over and we haven’t had any TV satellite trucks parked Downtown. No Father Robinson trial, No Noe-Gate and no riots.
I am beyond thankful for the responses I have received since coming aboard here. I am incredibly humbled that you take the five minutes to read my 700 words or less weekly, and entertain my thoughts.
If you wish to share why and what Toledo should be thankful for, please tweet your thoughts using the hashtag #ToledoIsThankfulFor
Jeremy Baumhower is a self-proclaimed media expert who writes and produces for morning radio shows across the country. For more self-admired brilliance, please follow him on twitter @jeremytheproduc.
Tags: 13abc, Andrew Z, Ben Konop, Bob Seger, Detroit Tigers, Jack Ford, Jeremy Baumhower, Joe Napoli, Justin Verlander, Katie Holmes, Lady Rockets, Mark Beier, Media Watch, Mike Bell, Occupy Toledo, Oprah Winfrey, The Blade, Toledo Free Press, Toledo Mud Hens, Tony Packo's Robin Horvath, University of Michigan Wolverines, WSPD, Yuengling Beer