Vote for ‘Education Champion’Written by Staff Reports | | firstname.lastname@example.org
Listed below is a link to each one of the 12 programs featured in the Education Champions series sponsored by Toledo Free Press, United Way of Greater Toledo and 13abc’s “Bridges” with Doni Miller. In addition to the links to the individual stories in the series, is our online voting system where you can pick which one of the 12 programs you believe should be selected as the winner of a $1,000 grant from United Way.
- Program helps pregnant teens with prenatal care – Lucas County Initiative to Improve Birth Outcomes, informally known as Pathways
- Successful approach to learning lacks district-wide implementation in TPS – East Side Central Elementary School SEL Program
- CLIPP provides kindergarten readiness – CLIPP, Collaborative Learning and Instructional Pre-school Project
- Sherman Boys & Girls Club lifts scores, attendance, pride – Sherman Elementary Boys & Girls Club
- YWCA works to lower teen pregnancy rates – YWCA Pregnancy Prevention Program
- Program fights harmful ‘student mobility’ – The Stable Families Collaborative
- High school students given chance at college before graduation – Toledo Early College High School
- Youth learn from hands-on garden program – Toledo GROWs and CITE
- Parents address concerns – Parents in Action Coalition
- WGTE program aids early literacy education – First Book
- The Learning Club helps struggling students succeed – The Learning Club of Toledo
- Program keeps smiles on students – Mobile Dental Program
Voting will begin March 25 at noon and end March 28 at noon. Results, including the number of votes, will be released after the conclusion of the voting.
Voting is now closed, any votes recorded while the voting system formally closes out the question will not be counted. To preserve the accuracy of the votes recorded to determine the winner, a screen shot of the vote tally was taken at noon on March 28. The winner will be announced on March 29 at the United Way of Greater Toledo during their “Education Champions – An evening sponsored by Columbia Gas” event that is set to begin at 5:30 p.m.