Andrew Z initiates restaurant fundraiser for tornado victimsWritten by Betsy Woodruff | | email@example.com
Andrew “Z” Zepeda started a fundraiser for the Red Cross that will let people support tornado relief efforts by eating at local restaurants.
During his morning show, he discussed the decision of Luckies Barn and Grill in Oregon to donate 15 percent of its total sales on June 10 to the Red Cross. While on air, he decided that the restaurants he owns will do the same for the entire day of the 10, and encouraged other restaurants in the area to get involved in the fundraiser as well.
Within an hour, about two dozen restaurants called to say that they would participate.
“You know something is good when it’s happened that quickly and doesn’t have to go through a bunch of red tape,” he said.
Zepeda, who has been involved in other charitable events in Toledo, said that the generosity of Toledoans always impresses him.
“No matter how bad it’s hit economy-wise, they always want to help out,” he said. “It’s always the people that drive up in the cars that are 15 or 20 years old that don’t look like they can afford it –– they’re always the ones that give the most, and it’s amazing to see.”
Participating Restaurants include:
- Luckies Barn and Grill in Oregon, Ohio
- Andrew Z’s Sports Pizzeria – Downtown & Levis Commons
- Adam’s Place on West Laskey
- Arthur Treacher’s Fish and Chips in Fremont, Ohio
- Blue Pacific Grill in Levis Commons
- Café Marie, Perrysburg Location (open for breakfast and lunch only)
- Cake In A Cup on Central Avenue
- Chucks Bar and Grill on Monroe Street
- Chuck E. Cheese on Airport Highway
- CiCi’s Pizza on Monroe Street
- City Barbeque on West Central
- Haven Lounge in Swanton
- JoJo’s Pizza: Monroe, Mayberry, and Walbridge locations only
- Little Caesars Pizza: Deveaux Village, W. Alexis near Secor, and Lewis Avenue between Sylvania and Eleanor
- Mancys: Mancy’s Steak, Mancy’s Italian, Shorty’s, Blue Water Grill
- Moodies Coney Island on Oregon Road at Wales
- Shubie’s Ice Cream and Grill
- Sonic: Rossford, Oregon, and Bryan Ohio locations
- The Village Idiot in Maumee
- Waffle House on Route 25 in Perrysburg, Ohio