Memorial Day observancesWritten by Toledo Free Press Staff Writers | | firstname.lastname@example.org
The Toledo area will celebrate Memorial Day with parades and memorial services in honor of those who lost their lives serving our country. Unless otherwise noted, all events are scheduled for Monday, May 31.
- Toledo will have a parade on Saturday that starts at 10 a.m. at the intersection of Monroe Street and Summit Street. After the parade, a service will be conducted at the Civic Center Mall.
- Sylvania will have a memorial service at 9 a.m. at the Toledo Memorial Park Cemetery. At 10 a.m., a parade will step off from Lourdes College campus and end with a memorial service at the Veterans Memorial Field.
- Perrysburg’s parade will begin on Louisiana Street at 10 a.m. and end with a service at Fort Meigs Union Cemetery.
- Maumee’s parade will start at 9:30 a.m. at the Maumee United Methodist Church on Sackett Street. The parade will end with a closing ceremony.
- Rossford will hold a parade on Sunday starting at 1:30 at Elm Street and Dixie Highway. It will take Hannum Avenue down to Veterans Memorial Park for a memorial service with a few speakers.
- Bowling Green’s parade will assemble at the post office at 10:30 on Monday. It will proceed north on Main Street and stop at the Court House for a acknowledgment of the service monuments, then go on to the Oak Grove cemetery for laying of the wreaths and a ceremony.
- Findlay will host a ceremony honoring veterans at 9 a.m. at the Main Street bridge, followed by a parade that starts at the intersection of Main Street and Front Street at 10 a.m.
- Monroe will host a Memorial Day sunrise ceremony at the Vietnam Veterans Memorial at 6:30 a.m. Its Memorial Day parade will begin at 2 p.m. at Jones Avenue and end at St. Mary’s Park on Elm Avenue.
Tags: Memorial Day