Winter Utilitiy Fair todayWritten by Toledo Free Press Staff Writers | | email@example.com
The Northwest Ohio-based Joint Utility and Social Services Committee (JUSSC) will present a Winter Utility Information Fair from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Jan. 21 at the Erie Street Market,
237 South Erie Street. The event is free and open to the public.
According to a news release, the JUSSC Winter Utility Assistance Fair will offer suggestions and recommendations for individuals looking for help with utility bills, housing, real estate taxes, foreclosure prevention, home repair and weatherization, home purchasing, rental assistance, food, medical assistance, legal aid, employment and more.
“As we see the need, we’ll continue to try and offer solutions,” said JUSSC Chairman Walden Wilson. “People should not expect to come to this event and have their bills paid. Instead, we will provide information on where the help is and how to go about securing help, because help is out there and available.”
At the event, attendees will be able to receive applications for:
- Housing assistance from Lucas Metropolitan Housing Authority (Bring ID, Social Security card and verification of income)
- Home Energy Assistance Program (HEAP) – EOPA (Bring ID, verification of income and utility bills)
- Home Weatherization – Neighborhood Housing Services (Bring verification of income and utility bills)
In addition, there will be workshops from expert organizations, including:
- Home Weatherization – Neighborhood Housing Services
- Avoiding Disconnection – Toledo Edison
- Avoiding Foreclosure – Fair Housing Center
- Natural Gas 101-Columbia Gas
- Planning for Emergencies-Catholic Charities
At the event there will be free H1N1 Shots, provided by the Lucas County Health Department and free raffles.
For more information, call (419) 213-8930 or visit www.JUSSC.org.